Friday 6 November 2009

Arrrrrrrrrgh! Here we go!

After much excited conversation last weekend, we've (Cat and Deb) decided to start a new supper club, based on the New York model of getting folks together for great grub and even better company. Well, hopefully the food and company will both be amazing. Arf arf. We both love to cook and I (Deb) have been cooking for groups of friends for years.....including great dishes from the USA and Mexico following a few years living in New York and Texas. Cat (a former cookbook reviewer for the Telegraph) knows a thing or two about food, in fact has more cookbooks than Books for Cooks. She turns out fabulous food and has a great flair for detail and ingredients.

Cat's place is perfect, cosy with wood burning stove and lovely kitchen....great location in West London....it'll be the Posh to my Cockney. Cat is very posh. I drop my t's and h's, and I think she thinks that's cute. No? Oh well.

Last night we emailed ideas, and Cat's going for superb exquisite English classics like potted beef. I was thinking more Japanese & Asian influenced grub. Or Mexican. Think we'll take it in turns to set the menu, and be gracious about it. It'll all be good. We've been helping people put on weight for years. Or were they always chubby little buggers?

3 comments:

  1. Firstly, what were you doing up at 3:01 in the morning??? Thats way past your bed time, and I'm telling mum!

    Whilst it is doubtful that I will grace your dinner parties with my presence (or my presents), I can offer you a menu suggestion. How about the 1980's as a theme???

    Oh the delights of (veggies look away) crispy duck a l'orange, advocado with juicy prawns and crisp lettuce a la marie rose, and how about a trifle avec sherry (sorry had to make it sound a bit french!).

    Wishing you well on your venture - and just a small tip Pebble, blue food colouring may look nice in the bottle, but it doesn't in the food :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does the tone of that comment seem familiar?? Someone I fear who has experienced me using blue food colouring perhaps? During the 1980's? Someone who likes her food as much as me (but not as much as Cat, that's not possible).....is that my little sister? XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I've been rumbled (runs as fast as her chubby little legs can carry her) but votes for shin of beef before she leaves! Yum (you have to have herby dumplings too!)

    ReplyDelete