Sunday 22 November 2009

Stir-up Sunday

. . . is today, but I haven't made my own pudding yet. (I have bought the ingredients. I am going Sarah Freeman, and that means suet. I shall be testing it at book group.) I did however stir someone else's pudding, and made a wish, so it's OK. Tomorrow I am making chicken broth for invalids. This weekend I have eaten home-made baklava (not by me) which was suitably sweet and calorie-laden, and my first mince pies of the season, from Konditor & Cook, which were outstanding. I know, it sounds like the training diet of an Olympic rower.

3 comments:

  1. What's all that about then? Is that the day when you make your Xmas puds???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that's what it is. It is the first Sunday of Advent - actually I have just checked and it is the twenty-fifth Sunday after Trinity, but the principle's the same. The Collect for that day begins, "Stir up, we beseech thee, O Lord, the wills of thy faithful people . . ."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake and religion, what a lovely combination.

    ReplyDelete