Friday 6 November 2009

Crikey!

When I woke up this morning I was not expecting to find that I had become part of a functioning supper club with an actual blog, that's for sure. I was in a bit of a tizz because my highly enterprising friend D, whom you now know, had been slightly dismissive of my potted shin of beef idea, suggesting instead her own fine oriental-themed menu. But she has redeemed herself, having telephoned this morning with the news of our new cyber-gastro etc presence. I am having a bit of an unemployment crisis at the moment, so when she rang I was titivating my curriculum vitae, calling in favours, and contacting my contacts. No I wasn't. I was making bread pudding. What else would I be doing on the brink of destitution? I've eaten it now; it was delish. A friend came to lunch and we had quinoa stewed with red and yellow peppers, and grilled goat's cheese, followed by the bp and sour cream – an eccentric but nonetheless successful meal.

3 comments:

  1. You have another friend??? How come she gets the bread pud? Anyway, why not share the recipe Kit Kat and let us all have a go? I just ate a spectacular home made veggie cheese burger at the Gallery Cafe in Bethnal Green. Yum yum. No doubt you'll be making something else by now Cat...it's always Food O'Clock at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have dined finely off mung dhal and rice thank you for asking. The bread pud is Delia's. Frugal Food (belt-tightening, but not literally).

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, you are *such* a drama queen. Destitution my a***. Kiss kiss xx

    ReplyDelete